Tuesday, August 18, 2009

FaceBook Faceoff

I'm finding my way around facebook finally but I'm thinking I would like to "sound-off" just a bit about it. I find the 'what's on your mind' section good. . . and bad. You can only put in a sentance and I find reading snippets of sentances about the minds of others overwhelming. Then I feel compelled to let all these people know what is on my mind - but my mind is a scary place and I avoid fear at all times, so I have little to add.

I love hearing from my friends and stuff, and facebook lets it all be in one place which is convenient, but I could spend an hour just reading down the page to see what each person is doing; which I think is too time consuming - interaction without the interaction. Not my favorite way of being with others. So, call me and we can talk. Better yet, come and visit, I'll offer coffee.

Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Scotty said...

Yes.
Yes, you are right. It is: interaction without interacting... dialogue without discussion... ideas without meaning... thoughts without focus... sharing without caring.

I think that should be the new motto of facebook... sharing without caring.

:-)

scott

Anonymous said...

I think my babys need a life. Daddy