Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Life Changes

In some ways it's hard to believe it's almost December. Our lives have changed a lot in the last year, so I thought I would just talk about it.

Hmm, I went from working 4 hours a week to working 30. That's not my favorite thing, but it's life and matches my cute red car. When the Honda is paid for - I quit.

Ron still LOVES his job. Some days that's a huge blessing and other days it makes me sad. I used to be the love of his life and now it's "fun" which is what he calls work.

Mom and Dad are still traveling the southwest in search of the perfect tan. I gotta say, if it were me I would be more successful, but they use sunscreen, hats, and sit in the shade. That is no way to get a tan! This Thanksgiving, I wish I were with them because it was cold, wet and icky.

My brother Scott found a new wife, she has the same name but is much smaller. My brother Tim is doing the same thing! Brothers - stick with your women, they are the best! Because they have tolerated you much longer than I ever did.

Well, I have rambled a bit, but the biggest change is Ron's Mom. Lou is in hospice and they are counting her time in days and hours. I never thought this time would come, she is a strong fighter who has defied odds and lived longer than any doctor thought possible. She headed to the hospital for her annual Thanksgiving trip and won't be going home. Or a better way of saying it is that she is going HOME sooner than the rest of us.

No comments: