Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Mystery Meat

So. . . we are home in Chişinău and very glad to be here. Every trip over the border is an adventure, but this time we had traveled/waited for more than thirty hours, I was tired and didn't care. That's a good way to cross a border! (By the way it was also uneventful)

Anyway, we slept well but we had a few errands to run. But Brandy and I planned to invite Emily over for dinner for her birthday so I wisely remembered to take meat out of the freezer for dinner so it would be defrosted. I knew I didn't have much left, but remembered a quick trip to Metro just before we left when I bought pork. I assumed the meat I took out was pork, planned the meal accordingly - pork chops with apples. Well, it was half pork and half beef. I didn't buy beef. Either a gift was left in my freezer in my locked apartment or my last purchase from Metro was not just pork! Only in Moldova would you buy a tray of mystery meat and get beef for the price of pork!

By the way. . . beef with apples is also good!

2 comments:

Kyle and Lynnette said...

we are very glad that you were able to at least identify the meat though..... or did you just convince yourselves it was beef....yikes!

Donna said...

Yeah, in reality we 'assumed' it was beef. Thanks for the new worry! What did we eat????