Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Life as a "Target Chic"

Hey, I thought I would tell you a bit about my life as an employee of the corporation, Target. I love the corporation, I love the opportunity to be with people and just have a good time, but, I have to admit, the hours are hard. So, each day I am just a cashier, at least that's what they pay me for, but often I find I'm a confidant, a counselor, and an ear for others.

I met a beautiful, tiny little old lady, who apologized for the hair on the hat she was purchasing, but she had just begun chemo and her hair was falling out. I had no option but to hug her as she was leaving. She was just a doll! And the mother whose daughter was one phone call away from going to jail; I had no words to say other than, "I'm sorry for you." I hear about marriage problems, children problems, the coming excitement of new babies and the everyday miracles that people face. Oh what a fun place to be. So, while the hours are hard, there is a reward to this crazy job!

Oh, and I have to wear my favorite color everyday to work - RED!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

see, that's how life goes... I find I enjoy talking to the people at work, as much as I enjoy the work. It hasn't always been that way. Plus, double bonus, I get to wear my favorite color to work also... GREEN!
:-)